
I read an article this morning called Feeling Your Emotions.
It talked about not having to analyze every emotion that comes up. What difference does it make it why I feel anxious or sad or irritated or whatever. Just focus on the sensation in the body and use mindfulness techniques to calm down. I am very much an analyzer but I think sometimes that keeps me stuck. For example, when I quit drinking, one of my favorite sayings was, "Stop trying to figure out why the bridge is burning...just get off the damn bridge."
Today I feel grateful that my mom was able to go enjoy her birthday dinner at Steph's house with no drama. I wish we would have been invited but she still isn't speaking to me since I made up with Cindy. This next weekend I will have dinner for mom's birthday and invite her. All I can do is try to be the best person I can be. I think I need to read the four agreements again especially the part about being true with my words.
I am really going to try to focus on my self-care this week. This includes doing my meditation, yoga, weights, cardio, walks as well as eating well and drinking water. I also need to take care of some long-overdue chores such as cleaning my house and getting my yard cleaned up.
It is going to be a beautiful spring week. Although I am not particularly enjoying teaching kids from home for the 6th week, I need to look at the positives such as not having to leave the house at 6:30 and having more time to take care of myself and my house.
Comments
Post a Comment